125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· 125cc's saddest c*nt
5,217 Posts
Yep, it uses a cable to drive the speedo. It's probably snapped, it's an easy job so no need to go to a garage, fairly cheap too.

To check if it is the speedo cable take the cable off and turn one end of the inner, if the other end doesn't turn then that's your problem.

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, it uses a cable to drive the speedo. It's probably snapped, it's an easy job so no need to go to a garage, fairly cheap too.

To check if it is the speedo cable take the cable off and turn one end of the inner, if the other end doesn't turn then that's your problem.
Thats chinese to me mate lol how does one turn one end of an inner? what is an inner for a start? like i say i'm a complete idiot mechanically i haven't touched anything mechanical with it personally.

· 125cc's saddest c*nt
5,217 Posts
Lol, ok.

The cable is basically a tube with a wire going through it (like a push bike brake cable if that's any help).

Take cable off the bike buy unscrewing it at both ends, one goes in the back of the speedo and the other in the bottom of the forks. You might need a pair of pliers to turn it if it's stiff. The inner wire will be poking out a little at each end, give one end a twiddle and see if the other end moves.

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, ok.

The cable is basically a tube with a wire going through it (like a push bike brake cable if that's any help).

Take cable off the bike buy unscrewing it at both ends, one goes in the back of the speedo and the other in the bottom of the forks. You might need a pair of pliers to turn it if it's stiff. The inner wire will be poking out a little at each end, give one end a twiddle and see if the other end moves.
Brilliant i'll get on that later, probably get soaked in the process too lol much appreciated thanks for your help

· Registered
2 Posts
Thats chinese to me mate lol how does one turn one end of an inner? what is an inner for a start? like i say i'm a complete idiot mechanically i haven't touched anything mechanical with it personally.
I have the same problem and yeah that’s defo china haha I’m used to kx only on road 2 strokes I got a cbr 125 and my Speedo doesn’t work but everything else does

1 - 9 of 9 Posts