125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the name the knob which allows you to change gears? . I've been trying to find out everywhere before asking. Mine came off when riding. Had to push the b*st*rd 2 miles home. If this comes off do I need to replace the entire part or can a just get a replacement Knob?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
What is the name the knob which allows you to change gears? . I've been trying to find out everywhere before asking. Mine came off when riding. Had to push the b*st*rd 2 miles home. If this comes off do I need to replace the entire part or can a just get a replacement Knob?
which bit are you talking about ?

this is my modded r6 linkage assembly from my mito 350 but it will be similar to yours(except yours hangs underneath)theres the gear lever with the black rubber on the end,the linkage shaft and the linkage that attaches the shaft from the gearbox,there are flexible rose joints on the ends of the shaft,which bit are you missing ?

·
Registered
748 Posts
If you're missing the rubber bit, drill the remains out of the lever, and drill a hole through the lever, then put a bold thru and you're sorted!. I did it on mine, and it still works. the MOT man might not be happy, though...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're missing the rubber bit, drill the remains out of the lever, and drill a hole through the lever, then put a bold thru and you're sorted!. I did it on mine, and it still works. the MOT man might not be happy, though...
Thanks guys. Yeh it's just the black rubber bit at the end. Came clear off. I'll drill it and put a bolt through. Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.