125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Has it got an MOT? If so, a grand for a NC is original colours isn't too bad... I'd probably have paid that for it.
- big mileage though!

·
125cc Sportsbikes Moderator
5,761 Posts
Aye paid a ?1000 for it with 8 month left on the MOT, i probly could have got a better one for that money
but it will be worth it in the long run as its going to be fun doing the bike up and also im learning as im going along

Anyway completly removed all panels lmao wish i i didnt now. Now work begins on making this bike a stunner.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
looks good i think.

if you want to respray the engine cases, the colour match is
FORD GRAPHITE GREY METALLIC

to clean the swingarm you need, some wd40, toothbrush, then go over again with some wd40 and a cloth. possibly some autosol just to give it the cleaner look with a slight shine. It was blackw hen i got the bike.

top yoke is just satin black.

calipers id fit some Honda SP1/cbr600rr gold calipers. with some rick oliver brackets ?30. www.400greybike.co.uk.

subframe powdercoat as it will only get more rusty.

every bit of the engine will clean up with some wd40, just need toothbrush and some cotton buds/cloths etc.. that bike will come up like new fairly easily.

fork/mudguard clamp, ask for part number on 400greybike or buy from dave silver spares.

·
5,761 Posts
Ill looks about for one of them stands cheers, aint wireless laptops brilliant lol can be on the garden on comp while doin the bike....

One warning to all with a vfr or rvf dont get a micron can ive just took the one that was already on off and nearly lost a finger.

I dont need to worry about the subframe as im gettin a tygra kit put on soon as ive saved up enough and got the bike clean to a high standard.

Got some new engine bolts on the way, orderd some wavely disks, new o ring gold chain and sprockets, and a few other bits and bobs.

Will pop down to halfords in the morning and pick up the paint etc.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
well looking good so far ant keep up the good work i kept it clean n tidy on the outside but man it looks filth on the inside but what do you expect for a 16 year old bike looks like its gonna be sweet anyway pal enjoy

wallie

·
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mmm dont do that for me.. But im replacing the electrics anyway so thats not a problem. Time for me to start work on the baby again

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
i was looking at a cbr with the same sort of millage on it how long do you recon it would go for after should be able to double it right
My vfr is on over 60k dunno if thats kilometers or miles, but on one of the MOT certificates it says 80k, dunno if thats a typo or if it really is on 80k, wow, i want to go round the clock again just for fun see how far this really can last

·
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol yup mines in Km, not been a productive day struggled to get the chain off, and still cant get it off
ill buy a grinder in the morning, See if the b*tch can survive that.

1 - 20 of 353 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.