125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not 100% sure what could be causing this ticking noise. Ive had the valve clearance check and its all fine. I had a friend do a audio analysis and it suggests ticking noise is at half the engine speed. So he thinks its a valve related issue and that i should get a complete cylinder head with valve train.

He doesnt have any experience though with my engine so hes not 100% sure. Just wanted to get a second persons opinion.

Also regarding the engine i have a 2011 new shape cbr but the engine looks extremly similar to the older shape 2010. Does anyone know if they are the same or whats difference about them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well ive managed to answer one of the question. They are the same engine. Looking on hondas part website the 2010 and 2011 both have the the same part numbers for cylinder head and other things.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Does sound top endy

·
Registered
69 Posts
As for me, it looks like a camchain sound. Check if your camchain tensioner is ok. If it is ok, it seems like you need to take of cylinder head and check everything there.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Check cam chain tensioner...

And the engines aren't the same... Carb models have 2x holes on the cylinder where the carb connects to attach pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts