125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
y0.

Bought my Daytona 675 back in June this year from the dealership in Carlisle (2006 plate 4000 miles) since then i've put over 2500 miles on it and had a brilliant time on it, other than when it decided it didn't like its reg/rec or its engine mount lol but i've managed to solve each issue as its arisen and got it working again for less than what the dealer wanted, so tis all win!

So, like every bike owner does, I have been spending all my money on making the bike 'my own' mainly cosmetic/sound (due to 33hp restrictors... loss)...

So far, i've added:

- Arrow Slip-on Exhaust (with straight through downpipes)
- Carbon Fibre Exhaust Heatshield
- Evotech Tail Tidy
- 7x5 Plate
- ASV Levers
- TRW Rearsets
- MWR HE Air Filter
- Metzeler Racetec K2 Rear/K1 Front
- Removed Ex-Up Valve
- HM Quickshifter
- Solo Seat Cowl
- HEL Lines
- SBS Sintered Pads
- Tsubaki X-ring 520 Chain
- Supersprox -1/+1 Sprockets
- Sprint SXC Steering Damper
- Brembo 19x18 Master Cylinder
- Tech Spec SnakeSkin Tank Grips

Future Plans (after restrictor comes off):

- Custom ECU Map
- Raise Compression

I know the bike is filthy, but commuting on it 5 days a week and a good turf on a weekend is hard to keep up to lol.

Also, just noticed the epic fail strips on the rear tyre... the tyres are less than 50 miles old lol and only had commuting miles on them so far lul.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
nom nom, loved yr bike when first sore it, looks very tidy with the new rear sets and levers, still has nice power for restriction, pulls away better then my un-restricted 600 :(

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers, yeh I know its filthy lol but bikes are there for riding not polished 24/7!

Ta Mark means a lot! Ye its a powerbronze screen came with the bike and doesn't look ridiculously big in person...

·
Premium Member
8,016 Posts
w00p looks full of win now lad, just need to ditch the pillion pegs with a solo seat and it's all sorted! Might actually be able to hear your bike running now too haha, get them restrictors whipped out and unleash the Akra can!

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

MWR HE Filter fitted and bike remapped to the full arrow system map (closest I could get) so now the EX-up valve should just be open the majority of the time...

Makes a reasonable amount of noise now and burbles like f00000k.

Need a good hoon now to properly scrub my tyres in!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
that's a strange filter set up

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is indeed. But MWR are big boys in the air filter game and are used in all the big racing championships.

The plate is intended to accelerate the air around the sides as without it the cylinders don't get an equal amount of air leading to the centre cylinder running richer than the outer two this plate stops that.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
i mean the way it sits in the airbox

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it? The intake is between the lights on the front fairing...

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
you trying to make me miss mine :)

looks nice matey, loving the rearsets and whats the arrow can sound like (pop a sound clip on for us all hey). i had a two brothers and that sounded amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE.

Hahah they are top bikes
i'm gonna run this one till it blows up I can tell, so much fun, total loss you sold yours lul.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went for a little turf out to Robs (marsbar) today...

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I like this whole thread.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ooooo ebay bargains ftw!

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts