125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should the top speed of a TZR without the power valve controller be? I can't seem to top much more than 70 on the speedo... is that normal?

·
Registered
357 Posts
its about 70mph, peg the power valve up and you will get 90/100mph but you have nothing below 6000rpm

·
Registered
868 Posts
What should the top speed of a TZR without the power valve controller be? I can't seem to top much more than 70 on the speedo... is that normal?
well ive done 80mph on a PRIVATE ROAD and i think my pv ecu is shot so maybe its not

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine was pegged half way, but was still pulling at 80 on the clocks, not sure why, but now I've hooked the PV Servo up I'm hoping to see more

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got 85 on a downhill today... handlebars vibrating like f*ck, though. Couldn't even feel my hands once I'd slowed down to a non-vibratory speed, I can't imagine it would be much fun going any faster on this bike!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got 85 on a downhill today... handlebars vibrating like f*ck, though. Couldn't even feel my hands once I'd slowed down to a non-vibratory speed, I can't imagine it would be much fun going any faster on this bike!
Its not its scary as hell the bike vibrates so bad it starts to shake your eye site sometimes it really puts the willies up me.

standard tzr full servo controlled ypvs off the clock at 100mph and reading 92mph on my mates peugeot 306 to be honest if i had pushed the bike to 100mph i would have blown the engine to pieces.

i would not go off your speedo on your tzr as there not really accurate when you giving it some leather your best getting a friend to follow you in a car or a bigger cc bike and take the reading from there speedo be more accurate than the tzr speedo.

·
Registered
868 Posts
you sure your bottom ends not on its way out? mine at 80 still running smooth with very little vibe bottom end rebuild 420mile ago

·
Registered
769 Posts
Mine runs up past 90 (gps speed on a sat nav, not speedo reading), and is very very smooth, very little vibration
Are you sure you're fork's/rear shock arent on the way out? could cause some manic tremors at those speeds if they were playing up?

·
Registered
164 Posts
i would not go off your speedo on your tzr as there not really accurate when you giving it some leather your best getting a friend to follow you in a car or a bigger cc bike and take the reading from there speedo be more accurate than the tzr speedo.
If you can find one in good condition from scrappers, the RD 350 speed is a direct replacement, goes up to 200 km/h and is more precise. Worked like a charm in my old bike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you sure your bottom ends not on its way out? mine at 80 still running smooth with very little vibe bottom end rebuild 420mile ago
Probably knowing my luck.

How much will something like that set me back? (I wouldn't do it myself, I've been down that road and I am just not a hands-on person...)

·
Registered
511 Posts
you probably need to balance your wheels if it vibrates a lot in high speeds. The max speed I ever got with my 4dl3 was 185km/h in a downhill(slight). Just a small tune in the cylinder and proper jetting. It didnt vibrate though at all.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you can find one in good condition from scrappers, the RD 350 speed is a direct replacement, goes up to 200 km/h and is more precise. Worked like a charm in my old bike
Thanks dude i will keep my eye open for one.

hey guys had any one had any problems with chewing up speedo cables when there clocks go up to 100mph mark or past ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts