125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lives The Skinhead Life
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right then been a long time since i posted on here but kept in contact with a few through face book (oioioi tony )

first things first gutted about old un he was legend and will be missed by all !

so then whats the score have i brought a minter tzr now after all these years .... have i brought a rr .......... nah it all started like this :

thanks to the boys of the tzr page recently i've been getting the urge to come back to a project i wrote of a few years back well in fact 2006 lol , always in the back of me head i said one day i would rebuild the mk1 concept but make it better in mk2 and learn from the f*cks ups of mk1 also ( mossey was witness to the onslaught of scrap tzr frames outside odey place lol) , now times have changed tooling better and well i just have to build it and do my quest to kill a rs yep im of my t*ts to think i but reckon i can pull it off all while giving a big jap f*ck you to the spaghetti boys.

so heres some spares i've accumulated being me and seeing opportunities on ebay as well !, you will see in this picture : set of white tzr 125 3pc2 wheels (prev seen on the kmx project lol ) , megelli 125 r wheels again of a bike i broke a year or two back , fast ace rear shock again of a bike i broke , last but least and most likely important features right now rs 50 swing arm , rs 125 forks !

hmmm should be a improvement over the original spindle forks and non adjustable shock

times like this i feel like a women but in a different sense ya know "which wheels, which wheels "

powder coated frame bought of ebay £35 posted woop

set of cases with numbers brought for £20 posted ebay

spares accumulated over few years and also contribution form mr shaun howell cheers mate:

so mock up time , lets see whats needed and how it looks eh .

top yoke fitted on and stem length wise were looking good , of course bearing sizes for the headstock are different but the rs stem is actually 3m smaller n diameter , still thats fine custom bearings can be done here ,

not bad once i got some clip ons i can work out lock stops and fairing clearance

ta da , in a non nonce sense can ya tell what it is yet "cheers ralph" , its a rs 50 swing arm but same as used on the gpr125/sc125 as there all the same chassis FACT !

ta da , in a non nonce sense can ya tell what it is yet "cheers ralph" , its a rs 50 swing arm but same as used on the gpr125/sc125 as there all the same chassis FACT !

i've had to play with the width due to it being too wide but too be honest i'm not feeling it and have another swing arm in mind that fit the look and keep wheelbase short for the twisties !

fast ace shock in needs one ore two spacers otherwise its good

rear view

so yeah looking good nahhhhhh come one we all kow theres something sticking out like a c*ck on a tdy bird but what ?............

yzfr125 swing arm in place, fast ace shock shown but will be replaced once mount for linkage is welded up

not bad eh ? , itll look better once the 320mm disc is on up front with a brembo goldline 4 pot !.

tell me that's not better than a sh*tty dated pressed steel flexy swing arm !

like a can of wheres wallie , wheres the front of the tzr gone ????

ah there it is , ah i know why. a certain mr cullen poped round and relifed me of some paper in excange for some rs parts cheers

mentioned parts 320 disc ,caliper ,front brake lever and res, clutch lever , clip on's and bar end s, oh and the clocks , not bad for £67 personally deliverer to me door eh

hmm that's better wheel spaced out right and with disc fitted

hmm its getting there

ok i got carried away at this point

say nothing !

finished for the day got the ride height where i want it now nee to make some mounts and get a new rear shock.

this side should be housing a speddo drive how ever due to running the rs forks on the tzr wheels, i had to change the bearings to suit the rs spindle which then meant the tzr speddo was useless , so in place now sits a rear dtr 125 spacer

its done now well wheel is inline , yoke bearings are in forks are running , whats next ?

ah 320mm of pure gpnesss , rubber hose is going in favour of braided

hmmm cant have those like that can we

so i measured up the fairing cradle , cut some sheet metal and decided to fab a bracket up

not bad eh feel the gp theme !!!!

time to weld it up

ta daaaaa , got finish of the edges and then give it a coat of paint , but not bad heh

and this is where it is now ignore the seat unit thats not staying !

the next vale giving me his feedback @:

Bit more work on the animal , also note to anyone building bikes in the kitchen don't wear slippers when removing ya yzf swing arm complete dropped the f**king. Thing linkages ect right on base of me foot limping like a b*tch but hey hole the endless wheelies it will bring plus hooligan tend ices its worth it

thanks to trigg i now have this uprated head to use when i run a a different barrel and pipe later on !! for the price of f*ck all ! - with Philip Twostroke Trigg.

thats it for now

·
TZR: Smokey... Not Burned
3,523 Posts
unfortunatly Mic, we have lost a legend, his son contacted me quite q while ago now, (just over a month or 2) to say his dad had passed away last year.

So yeah, my resto will be in his honer, and it WILL be started next year, once my truck is finished. But i fear it is going to be an absolute ball ache with the lump, as it is seized solid.

But thats for another page.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
The TZR community has lost a great man who selfishly restored TZR125's to their former glory regardless of the cost and bringing pleasure to new owners..Very Sad to belatedly hear of his passing. :-( :-(

·
Lives The Skinhead Life
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The TZR community has lost a great man who selfishly restored TZR125's to their former glory regardless of the cost and bringing pleasure to new owners..Very Sad to belatedly hear of his passing. :-( :-(
i mic

i agree, a very sad loss

·
3,523 Posts
now i have so many ideas for a kick aass build.

rs front end, like yours, 4dl rear end, with the system from a sachs (under seat system) - i know they will drop in power, but this will be over come in other ways
, so may ideas.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Not hijacking the thread, but does anyone have contact details for old un's son?
He messaged me when his dad passed away, but unfortunately it got sent to my "others" box on Facebook, and I didn't read it until very recently.
I met up with trev on a few occasions, at mine, and at his, we also used to meet to trade parts and bits at a cafe for coffee. I was deeply saddened to find out about his passing and I'd like to send my condolences.
Unfortunately the message I got is too old to reply to, and there are a LOT of people with his sons name on Facebook.
It was a privilege to meet Trevor and see his garage full of TZR's and talk about his great ideas. He had a lovely Phazer 250 too.
Let me know if anyone has any contact details I'd appreciate it.
RIP old un.

·
3,523 Posts
PM sent bud

·
Lives The Skinhead Life
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hickson youre on the 2 stroke forum aint ya *(its Gouldy mate lol ) , yeah it aint no rs which is why the build has took a very different approach

1 - 12 of 12 Posts