125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Cheap? You could buy the mintest of mint RS250's for that! I know it wouldn't be brand new, but still better in each and everyway. I'm sure they'll find buyers though, it doesn't really have any competition does it?

·
Sargent Sarcastic
8,115 Posts
It's only a 5 speed and a bit a lardy ass at 171kg dry, sounds a lot for a 250. Notice also how there are no details for power output either.

True though like James said, not got much in the way of competition.

Here's the full spec listed so you can all look on in awe.

ENGINE TYPE: V-Twin, DOHC 8 valve, oil cooled
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 249cc
BORE & STROKE:
COMPRESSION RATIO:
CARBURETTOR:
MAX. POWER OUTPUT:
MAX. TORQUE:
IGNITION:
STARTER: Electric
GEARBOX: 1 down, 4 up
FINAL DRIVE:
LENGTH: 2060mm
WIDTH: 655mm
HEIGHT: 1125mm
WHEELBASE: 1445mm
SEAT HEIGHT:
GROUND CLEARANCE: 130mm
FUEL CAPACITY: 17 Litres
DRY WEIGHT: 171kg
WHEELS FRONT:
WHEELS REAR:
TYRES FRONT: 110/ 70-17 54H
TYRES REAR: 150/70-17 69H
SUSPENSION FRONT:
SUSPENSION REAR:
BRAKES FRONT: Disc
BRAKES REAR: Double Disc

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
apparently the 650 engines slot straight in as it's the same bike with a smaller cappacity engine, both lumps are the same size physically iirc!

·
Forum Troll
3,926 Posts
btw power output ia about 28hp saw it on another site somewhere thye dnt look bad aprat from the font light and the screen! would only buy the 600 tho

·
Cagiva Geek :)
10,333 Posts
apparently the 650 engines slot straight in as it's the same bike with a smaller cappacity engine, both lumps are the same size physically iirc!
Wrong mate, the 650 is a trellis liek frame iirc and the 125/250 frame is a gs500 frame!

So 650 engine will not go straight in.

btw i have owned the 125 comet gt model unfaired one.

col

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
oh right i thought wrong then, my bad! at the bike show i went to on sunday the Hyosung stand was next to the suzuki stand and the similarities are very apparent! the comet like yours, to me, looked like a bandit!

·
Wheelies on peds with no gear = win
5,960 Posts
Mite look cack, but it makes a good commuter I'm sure.

My mate had a Hyosung, and they really aren't as bad as people make out. Better than any effort from Sachs

·
CBR125 Section SuperMod!
6,698 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.