125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
There isn't an easy way around it, id remove bottom fairing and disconnect radiator completely.

You can undo all radiator bolts and move it to the side, but ive found it to not be enough room.
I figure I should provide an update in case anyone is in my situation and reading this thread.

The valve cover will come off in the gap between the radiator and cylinder head. It's a bit tricky to keep it from bending the radiator fins, but you need to do it slowly and carefully.

If you position yourself on the right hand side of the bike, and put your right hand through the gap between the radiator and cylinder head, you can pick up the cover. Using your left hand, coming down through the top (below gas tank) you can help position the cover so that the top of it is now facing straight ahead (relative to the bike's position). On it's side like that, it will fit down through that gap between the radiator and cylinder head, but there will be less than an 1/8" to spare. You may have to use your right hand to pull on the radiator to give you just a bit more slack.

I was really skeptical of this, but it did work. Just be really patient. Not to worry though, after mucking about with the allen key, you'll be chilled out

· Registered
160 Posts
I noticed it looks hard I don't want to drain my coolant and redo it as I never done before I got Haynes but doesn't really explain that well

so I going to have ago at weekend to see if I can get the 1/4 ratchet to loosen the bolts and take it off as I really don't want to try taking radiator off and redo the coolant and then it may overheat if I don't do it correctly

· Premium Member
1,389 Posts
It's very hard to airlock a CBR, It's pretty much drain by taking off bottom hose and refill by filling up radiator, Run it for a little bit, Top up and stick the cap back on. Even if it's done wrong it'll take a lot to make these engines overheat, They are massively over cooled as it is.

· Registered
160 Posts
my f**king bolts have seized they never been removed from the old owners its had so waiting till it starts tapping and then it cost me £80 to replace and adjust valves but hopefully I find a different motorbike in august want something like xt Yamaha or xr Honda or Hyosung gt

41 - 56 of 56 Posts