125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So thats why it smokes so f**king much!!!!! I havnt given mine a good run for a while so that explains why there has been so much smoke lately! I noticed the one time i gave it a 13000rpm thrashing and when i stopped and switched the bike off there was all this smoke coming out the expansion chamber....... that must've been all the oil burning in the expansion chamber but i havnt done that in a while

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
apparently its not good to let a 2 stroke bike idle.

what i do is pretty good:

start it up and leave it for about 30 seconds, rev it to about 4k a few times, and leave it.

then repeat a few times as i get my gear on, then ride slowly like at the speed limit (30 miles per hour) and dont go over 5,000 rpm untill the temp needle has moved enough then go from there.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I start mine up, let it settle down to an even idle, then gently blip the throttle until the smoke thins out... or untill the neighbours call the police to complain about the noise

Seriously though, I was off out at 8.30 this morning and I felt so bad for everyone being woken by my 2t thrum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.