112 Posts
Pirelli Sport Demon 130-70-17
OR
Bridgeston BT39R 130-70-17
Which one warm up quicker?
Do they go well on corners?
They are about the same price +/- 10Euro
Cheers
I do not recomend that you put a 130 on the rear, the profile will be totaly wrong & could cause handeling a grip problems, it could also foul your swinging arm etc.

If you are involved in an accident and the police check your bike your insurence could be void.

Chris.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not recomend that you put a 130 on the rear, the profile will be totaly wrong & could cause handeling a grip problems, it could also foul your swinging arm etc.

If you are involved in an accident and the police check your bike your insurence could be void.
Chris.
Hi,
I am using 130s for...hmmm... about 20.000 km.Thanks anyway

Cheers

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I reckon the pirelli's are good, because they warm up pretty sharpish, yet they have a bit more backbone than the Bridgestones, as they dont wear out after a 1,000 miles.

Just bought another rear Pirelli today i was impressed by the grip and confidence it gave in the wet

·
Registered
686 Posts
130 is the smallest size i can find, if i go to 120 they will be front tyre, and i really don't need to do this again.
NOTE
Never buy a wider front tyre (most of them are 120) to put them on the back rim hopping they will look wider because they wont look any wider then 100 size specially for back...i don't know why front 120 tyres gets thin as 100 back tyres.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
the BT39's are pretty much unbeatable for scratching

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,
I am using 130s for...hmmm... about 20.000 km.Thanks anyway

Cheers
Q: Can I run oversize tires on my standard rims?
A: For standard motorcycles with radial or bias tires the anwer is no! Running bigger tires in this instance will narrrow the contact patch.

http://www.survivalskills.clara.net/choosing_tyres.htm

Make sure you use the right size of tyre. If you check fitment charts, you'll often see that there are a range of tyre widths that will fit a particular width wheel rim. A typical mistake is to fit an oversize tyre - squeezing an over-wide tyre onto the rim makes it more triangular and puts LESS, not more, rubber on the road. Resist the temptation and stick with the recommended fitment.

Be sure the stock rim is designed to handle these wider tires. If you are installing a wider tire on a narrower rim for which it was not designed to handle, the footprint of the tire diminishes due to the profile being wrong. Another thing to be cautious of is that a wider tire may not have enough clearance once installed and rub against the fender or swing arm.

The bottom line is that the sizing of tires for certain motorcycles is determined by the factory motorcycle and tire engineers. They know their science well and know what works best on certain motorcycles. They have devised a numbering system which is used when replacing your tire. It is not a user-friendly numbering system but it makes sense to the tire manufacturers. For example a 100/80-18 tire means the 100 is the nominal width in millimeters. The 80 is the aspect ratio, and refers to the height of the tire as a percentage of the width (in this case 80 percent of 100mm). The 18 is the wheel?s diameter in inches for which the tire is designed to fit. So replace your tires based on what your manual says. Why risk putting on a different size tire just for looks at the risk

These are but a few Quotes that i have found.

Thers is no real problem in fitting one size larger that the stock rim recomends but to go to a 130 rear from a standard 100 rear is plain stupid.

To fit a front tyre to a rear rim is crazy as a front tyre has a steeper profile to aid turn in and will not have the correct contact patch for grip when lent over & eccelerating.

I do not mean to sound alarmist over this but it is pure folly to fit a 130 instead of a 100.

Chris.

·
CBR125 Section SuperMod!
6,698 Posts
dont put a front on the rear rofl thats just plain daft, bridgestone bt39ss in standard sizes FOR THE f**king WIN!!!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.