125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys ive got a CBR125 and im now lookin for a MX bike for some off road fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just wonderin wat you guys would reccommend, im lookin for a road legal bike, but one that can still handle off road well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Oh yeah forget to mentio it would need to be CBT Legal

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
an old DT would probably be alright, it all depends on if you want to do green lanest etc. or track riding. You could always get a 125 crosser and make it road legal with a daytime MOT.

·
Forum Troll
3,926 Posts
if you want a bike to handle well offroad dont buy an mx coz they have slicks u prob would want an enduro bike like a dt

·
Forum Troll
3,926 Posts
nah mx's r useless offroad but amazing onroad compared to anything else i get my ped down all the time on road

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
DT is alright off road but you'll need AC10s depending how muddy the place is. Fit some Avon Distanzia tyres and take it to a dry, dusty track and you wont wanna stop.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
So you want an off orader tht you can ride on the road to the off road places, then i say go with a DT125, should fare you well, MX125 from aprilai is the king of SM 125's for the road IMO, such a lurvly bike

·
Wheelies on peds with no gear = win
5,960 Posts
MX is good. But RX will be better. Just pick up the SM wheels for it, then you get the best of both worlds depending on what you wana do with it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Husqvarna are brilliant bikes, you should go to a dealers and try one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you want crosser style road legal bike that will never let you down go for the Honda XR125 they are good on road, and good for not too serious off roading!? 4stroke engine like the CBR thats why theyr'e reliable

·
125cc Sportsbikes Moderator
12,463 Posts
i dout the xr would be much good with anythink more than slight bumpy road just wouldent have the power for hill climes ect (haveing not rident one this is a guess)

your best bet is pass your test and get somthink around 250 2t they have plenty of poke off road or a larger 4t like the WR400 Or the DRZ400

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've just bought a Jialing JH125 for ?400, so will let you know what its like once I've tried it off road
But it seems to have a fair bit of poke.
THAT SOUNDS CHINESE!!!
NO NO NO NO NO!!!
BAD BAD BAD
You never ever ever should buy chinese bikes. My mate had one for off-roading, brand new and after an hour the swing arm snapped. They use cheap stuff so liable to problems and breaking. I really dont trust them espeically on the road, at least off-road you wont get hit if it breaks!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
THAT SOUNDS CHINESE!!!
NO NO NO NO NO!!!
BAD BAD BAD
You never ever ever should buy chinese bikes. My mate had one for off-roading, brand new and after an hour the swing arm snapped. They use cheap stuff so liable to problems and breaking. I really dont trust them espeically on the road, at least off-road you wont get hit if it breaks!!!
Thats your opinion. If we all listened to what other people thought, we would go around in circles. My brother in law bought a Hyosung GTR125, was told no no no they're sh*t, and guess what? Its still in one piece, no problems, and was ridden through most of the winter. So I will let you know what it is like.

·
Forum Troll
3,926 Posts
Thats your opinion. If we all listened to what other people thought, we would go around in circles. My brother in law bought a Hyosung GTR125, was told no no no they're sh*t, and guess what? Its still in one piece, no problems, and was ridden through most of the winter. So I will let you know what it is like.
if you read around more on the forum people rate hyunsungs but not them crappy wy 125 or cbr wanna be bikes because they rust like mad and have no ends of problems

p.s collys hyunsung comet 125 blew up about 3 times

·
Registered
780 Posts
if you read around more on the forum people rate hyunsungs but not them crappy wy 125 or cbr wanna be bikes because they rust like mad and have no ends of problems

p.s collys hyunsung comet 125 blew up about 3 times
My "Cheap sh*t chinese bike" is on an R plate, no service history, 5 owners, passed an MOT last week, and the only signs of bad are that the exhaust has got a bit of surface rust, and the wheels are tarnished. I will let you know when it all goes t*ts up, so you can all say "Yes they're sh*t", but until then its everyones opinions against each other isn't it? I will be using mine daily, rain or shine, and will be giving it some stick on the mud and grass, so we shall see how it stands up to it then?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.