125cc Sportsbikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , ive got a 1990 dt 125 and was hoping to fit a ypvs to this bike , alot of people tell me the tzr is the same engine so can use one from this .
I have bought one but am having a few problems with the wiring .
Coming off the servo is a four pin block connector and a single red and white bullet .
Trouble is there is no where to plug this into on my loom or cdi unit .
Any help much appreciated .

· TZR: Smokey... Not Burned
3,777 Posts
You ha\ve the TZRs 5 wire servo. You will need the respective YPVS controller. Which is quite hard to get sometimes.

Or you can sell that, and get the DT's 3 wire servo, which is plug and play, :) it should already have the wires for that in place, if not, its just positive, negative, and feed. (which comes from the CDI
)

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You ha\ve the TZRs 5 wire servo. You will need the respective YPVS controller. Which is quite hard to get sometimes.

Or you can sell that, and get the DT's 3 wire servo, which is plug and play, :) it should already have the wires for that in place, if not, its just positive, negative, and feed. (which comes from the CDI
)
Is the yvps controller box an extra to the CDi unit ?
Been trying to get hold of a three wire servo for ages ,seem to be rarer than hens teeth !
Any suggestions as to leads to find one ?
thanks

3,777 Posts
Tons On Ebay <----- click the link :)

Yes the servo controller is a separate box, and normally sits under the right hand seat panel of the TZR. those are hard to find soemtimes :) unless you know where to look

just make sure you get the 3 wire one, as there does seem to be some 5 wire ones in there too.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tons On Ebay <----- click the link :)

Yes the servo controller is a separate box, and normally sits under the right hand seat panel of the TZR. those are hard to find soemtimes :) unless you know where to look

just make sure you get the 3 wire one, as there does seem to be some 5 wire ones in there too.
Ive looked on ebay and they all seem to be the same one as ive got , unless im looking at the wrong part .

3,777 Posts
eby.de

they are few and far between, but they are there.

if you look at the size of the connector on this one, you will see it is alot smaller, indicating it is a 3 wire.

could you do me a favor, and photograph the wiring in and around the top of the motor area. indicating any loose plugs.

there should be a spare 2 pin plug, and 1 bullet connector.

3,777 Posts
i dont know off hand.

Give me till tomorrow night to go over the wiring, and i will see if i could get it to work

but yes, those are the right connections, you should have no problems connecting the stock, 3 wire servo into them.

If it were me, i would put them up for sale as a pair, (should get about £150 for them if they work) then put that cash on a 3 wire servo
thats the easy way round it.

3,777 Posts
lo bud, sorry it took me a little longer than expected, but i have the info :)

According to the haynes book of lies, (dont worry, this is just something us engineers call it :) lol)

the YPVS controller is powered by the brown and black 2 block connector, the signal is the red/white bullet connector.

so yes, you can use the old 5 wire servo on the DTs, you will just need to get the extension wires to connect the servo, to the controller. If you already have them you can shorten them :) or lengthen them to suit where you want to put the controller.

3,777 Posts
no worries bud, let me know if you manage success with her :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts